Welcome to your Ratings Forming Part of a Watch in a Manned Engine-room or designated to perform duties in a Periodically Unmanned Engine-room asynchronous session! Before you proceed with the course proper, we strongly advise you to read through the guidelines covered during the orientation. Take note of the requirements before proceeding to the synchronous sessions, as well as into the face-to-face on-site classes.
- To meet the minimum standard of competence for all trainees assigned to shipboard duties as required in Section A-III/4 of the STCW Code, this course is designed to enable the trainees to successfully demonstrate the competences as Ratings Forming Part of a Watch in a Manned Engine-room or designated to perform duties in a Periodically Unmanned Engine-room.
- Specifically, at the end of the course the trainee must be able to:
- carry out a watch routine appropriate to the duties of a rating forming part of an engine-room watch;
- understand orders and be understood in matters relevant to watchkeeping duties;
- for keeping a boiler watch: maintain the correct water levels and steam pressures; and
- operate emergency equipment and apply emergency procedures.